This week I was off on spring break so I had a lot of time to work on my tapestry. I needed the time too since that first car was a bitch. I must have wove and unwove it about a dozen times before it looked close to the way I wanted it to look. See for yourself.I used wool for the body and DMC for the windows.
I think there are still some improvements to be made but am hoping with practice the next one will look better.
Funny but I can see all the errors when I look at it here but they don’t seem to show up quite so glaringly when I look at the tapestry itself. This is a good way to check my progress.
In the meantime I am sampling my next tapestry. I am planning on calling it City life and it will be a street fair in NYC. I am working on things like the people, a hot dog stand, a street performer and kiosks for hats, tchocke’s and the like. It gives me something else to work on when I get frustrated with this one. One is all about mixing colors and shapes and the other is about grayscale and shading. I like moving back and forth between each.
But, alas classes are back in session tomorrow so my time will be greatly reduced. It will just make me more enthusiastic when I do get time to work on them again. So, I move from artist to art historian. Ah well, it pays the bills and is much better than a real 9-5 job.